So I decided to implement a custom xml feed for this blog. One good thing about github pages is that it is really flexible with moving stuff around. In my recent changes I had added the ability for tags to exist on this blog.
This code snippet does most of the work to handle tags. You can find a more detailed implementation at commit [727421f](https://github.com/simar7/simar7.github.io/commit/727421f22bee6dd95dc5854fef1d68f4f869dae1).
After this was the idea of implementing a xml feed. I’ve never done web development in the past so this faced an uphill task but a bit of google-fu went a long way. Ended up with an xml design (for my Mozilla projects) in a way that looks like below:
I was given the option to contribute to Mozilla’s A-team blog and using the xmlfeed per tag I created an xmlfeed for the “mozilla” tag and was able to publish content without any extra work! You can find the A-team blog here.