piKernel (init)25 Aug 2015
I started again to write a basic barebones, no fuss kernel in C to brush up on my OS skills. This gave rise to the piKernel project.
This project is based on freestanding libraries with no additional libraries. The target board is the Raspberry Pi.
What’s currently implemented?
- Bootstrap code for the Raspberry Pi.
- UART abstraction layer for stdio.
- glibc functions: strlen (naive, no security driven implementation).
- Linker script to link against.
- Build system, including makefiles to compile and link.